Photos by: Nathalie Bize
I love these photos because the Golden Gate Bridge is in the background. I love living in this beautiful place. I get questions all about what my favorite things are to do here. There is SO many fun things to do so I will do a post on all my favorite things here soon!!
Working out and staying fit is something my husband and I love to do. It’s my outlet from those busy days being a mother and long days working. I think it’s important to have something that you love and that helps you stay motivated and inspired. And working out and stay on fit is one of mine. I love it all, running, dancing, hiking, lifting weights are some of my favorites. After having babies it’s never easy getting back in shape it definitely takes some work. I love eating healthy but not extreme when it comes to food, I love my sweets! Here are some tips I swear by! They always do the trick for keeping me and keep me on track and feeling great!
1. Never go on “diets”. I have been on so many crash diets in the passed and I would always lose weight at first but seem to gain it all back because I would deprive myself! Just try to eat as healthy as you can and enjoy the foods you love, but in moderation. A little bit at a time. I keep dark chocolate in my cupboard and have a little everyday ( I have a serious sweet tooth).
2. I don’t eat a lot of carbs. And when I do they are healthy whole grains. If I know I am going to eat carbs at night I try to eat more low carb for breakfast and lunch and vice versa! I think eating carbs all day is where people pack on the pounds. When I watch my carbs (but don’t deprive myself from them) is where I see the best results.
3. Drink tons of water! I mean tons. Up to 9 cups a day. I feel up my liter water bottle and try to drink 3 of them a day! And it keeps your skin looking great!
4. I see major results from this…never eat late at night. I am a night owl, so I rarely go to bed passed midnight. I always try to stop eating after 9. Make sure to not eat a few hours before bed, whatever time that is for you! If you do need to eat, go for a low carb snack. Like almonds or slices or turkey.
5. It’s great to do cardio but actually lifting weights added with cardio make you burns more fat then running, more about it here. So make sure to add a weights to your routine if you haven’t already! I normally focus on certain muscle groups everyday. I do back and biceps, 1st day. 2nd day, triceps and chest. 3rd day, legs. Then repeat. Most weeks I only make it to the gym 3 to 4 days so I just normally do them all once.
Another way I feel great while working out is wearing comfy but stylish workout gear. I wear this workout look I am wearing in the pictures from Albion all the time. I love everything from their cute shop. Sometime nice workout gear can be expensive though, so I am always looking for a great sale. Nordstrom anniversary sale is still going on (but only for one more week) and they have some great work out stuff on sale for a killer deal. I just bought these Nike yoga pants. They’re super comfy! Here are some more I have my eye on!
Have a wonderful Wednesday! XO,