Hey everyone! Today I am sharing my daily skincare routine and also I asked the beautiful and talented Jennifer, from Refined Esthetics to give some of her favorite skin care tips and the benefits of getting a facial! I hope you enjoy!
A few months ago when I was back in Utah visiting my family. My Mom and I got a facial by the amazing Jennifer. I can’t even tell you how awesome it was and how great our skin felt and looked after. My mom also got a peel done to help with aging skin and it worked wonders! She loved the results! She also introduced us to Glymed Plus products and we are in LOVE. I wanted to give them a few months to see how they worked on my skin before sharing them with you all, and boy do we feel and see a difference. I am here to tell you they are amazing!! I so wish I would of got some before pictures! Me and my Mom’s skin are more vibrant, smaller pores and just an all over glow! I would recommended them to anyone!
Here are the products and I have been using the passed few months and here is how I use them:
1: Vitamin C cleanser– I use this morning and night. I love the way it makes my skin feel and it smells just like oranges!
2. Stem Cell Power Serum: I apply this at night most of the time but sometimes I use it both day and night.
3. Amino Acid Treatment Serum: I apply this both day and night. Love how it’s light and has helped my skin look younger and brighter.
4. Photo Age Protective Gel: I apply this every morning after I use all the other products. It has sunscreen so it’s a must have everyday. Protecting your face from the sun is so important and helps keep your skin looking younger. And I love how light and non greasy this goes on.
I have normal but sometimes slightly dry skin, so those nights when my skin feels dry (especially in the winter), I use La Mer Cream (pic below). It’s also great stuff. It’s kind of pricey so another great one I still love is Egyptian Magic.
Don’t mind my car selfie ha, I just wanted to show you my skin with no face makeup on, and no filter. I am wearing a little mascara (wearing and love this one) and a little bit on my brows (obsessed with this brow pencil). I took this yesterday and I feel like my skin has made huge improvements since I started with GlyMed Plus.
I asked Jennifer to share with you some of here favorite skincare tips and here’s what she said-
How to find the perfect skin care routine!
Start with 3 basic products:
1. Cleanser: A good cleanser should do just that, cleanse the skin! It should leave your skin clean, fresh and happy! Not tight, irritated or red.
2. Moisturizer: This can be anything from a light lotion to a heavier cream depending on your skin type. Ingredients to look for are hyaluronic acid, ceramides and ones that are antioxidant rich!
3. Sunscreen: The sun is the number 1 cause of aging, so a broad spectrum SPF is a must! Sunscreen has come a long way and often comes tinted making them much easier to blend leaving the skin more even-toned and most importantly protected from the sun and its damaging rays.
After you find these 3 basic products you can add a corrective product and weekly masks as needed! Skin Care should be easy and take only a few minutes every morning and night!
The Benefits of a facial!
The European facial is probably the most common facial offered at day spas, and are quite honestly a little piece of heaven where not only does your skin come out fresh and glowing but your body and mind do too!! The skin is cleansed, exfoliated, and hydrated all with professional products. Most include a décolleté, neck and face massage. I massage the arms, hands and scalp too!! Oh did I mention the bed is warmed and warm towels and steam should be expected?!!! It’s an hour to focus on yourself and relax, all while improving your skin’s overall health. It’s also a great time to try new products and ask your esthetician any skin care questions!
What I want people to know!
They’re beautiful… Sure we all have things we would like to improve but they have so many features that are prefect just the way they are! I hope people come to me looking for ways to improve the things that bother them and leave realizing just how beautiful they already are. xo Jennifer.
Isn’t she the sweetest?! And I love all of here great tips! She really is knows her stuff when it comes to skin care! If you are in Utah (southern) make sure to check here out and make sure to follow her here. She can do wonders for your skin!! Even if you aren’t in Utah every woman needs some relaxing time, so a facial is a perfect thing to do and perfect timing with Valentines coming up!! I also recommended getting a facial every few months to keep skin looking glowing!!
Let me know if you have any questions, I would to answer any of them!! Hope all have a wonderful day! XO,
Jennifer’s Beautiful pictures by: Bloomshoot