Ok, I know I’m a little late. It’s almost February, but believe it or not, I actually have a lot of goals that I wanted to achieve in 2018. I had so many New Year Resolutions that I broke them up into categories, so here we go!
MY 2018 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
Spiritual New Year Resolutions
- Pray. On my knees. Every night. This is seriously the most basic principle to spiritual wellbeing, but I struggle with it somtimes! I want to get better at talking to God and gaining a closer relationship with Him.
- Daily inspirational study. I want to find time to listen to the scriptures or a General Conference talk (a speech given by the leaders of my church) every day after taking Rowen from school.
- Prepare for church. Our family is late to church almost every week and I want this to end! I’m making it a goal to be on time to church, and try to do better about prepareing for the lessons that I teach ahead of time.
Physical New Year Resolutions
- Make it to the gym 4-5 times a week. I want to really focus at the gym and concentrate on each muscle. I need to start actually working hard! Half the time at the gym I’m getting caught up on emails and I’m only half concentrating on actually exercising.
- Daily ab routine with the hubs. So far we haven’t done so hot on this one. haha But Casey and I want to work on our abs together, which is kind of funny and also kind of cute.
- Stay on my macro diet. I started this diet with my girl Allison and she’s been helping me to gain and maintain muscle while I loose my baby weight with a macro diet so that I don’t always look like a freaking 12 year old boy!
- Survive. This is a completely serious goal, don’t laugh. I really would just like to get through the year and come out alive haha.
Motherhood New Year Resolutions
- Read with the kids. I want to read with both my kids for at least 20 min a day. Books are so powerful and if I can teach my kids to like reading, I feel like I’ll be setting them up for success. I also want to read something spiritual with my kids everyday, even if it’s something little. I feel like they need a little more spiritual learning added to their daily routines.
- 20 min of active play every day. This may sound silly to some moms haha Both of my kids are happy just being couch potatoes, so I want to make sure that they’re doing a sport or dance or something outside for at least 20 min every day.
- Learn new games on tablets weekly. These kids just love their dumb youtube videos! I try to keep their screen time to a minimum (only on Sundays after church), but I would like it if they were doing something a little more interactive on their screens instead of just watching cartoons.
Now, we all know that keeping goals is so, so hard. So I’m going to make sure I look back and refresh my memory of all these New Year Resolutions often so that I can actually accomplish a few before the year is over! Wish me luck haha
What about you? What are your New Year Resolutions?