Since summer is right around the corner I thought this would be a perfect time to share my favorite way to air dry my hair. Summer is always a great time to embrace your natural texture. And you all know me I am all about easy ways to get ready. And this so easy and so much healthier for your hair. After much trial and error I finally figured out the best way to get frizz- free shiny air dried hair. Here’s how you do it.
*this is great for all hair types wavy, straight or curly, it doesn’t matter 🙂
1. Shampoo and condition your hair. Always rinse your conditioner with a cool rinse. It closes the cuticle so it helps with frizz and keeps your hair looking shiny.
2. When you get our of the shower towel dry your hair so it’s not dripping wet, but you don’t want it really dry ether.
3. Spray Its a 10 and comb through with your finger or a comb and then part your hair where you like it (middle, side or no part)
4. Add a little (nickle size) of your favorite styling cream. These ones are my favorite. I have wavy hair so I love to use the Chi or Biomega. The Pureology one for coarse/curly hair is great. Its heavier then the other ones so it really relaxes curly hair and gives it a more wavy look. Then I ALWAYS mix my styling creme with Morccan oil (half and half) or coconut oil always works great it you don’t have it on hand. And I apply it to my mid shaft of my hair to my ends. I don’t ever apply it on my roots.
5. Then the most important step…..DONT TOUCH IT at all until its dry. That mean hands off till its completely dry. Touching it makes it frizzy. The more you touch the frizzier it gets. While its drying it will feel like its not air drying good so you will naturally want to scrunch it and play with it but DONT. When it dries 100% hands free, you will love it, I promise!
6. When its completely dry depending on how much time I have but I will leave it how it is or I will curl a few little pieces with a 1 inch curling iron if it needs it.
Its perfect for a everyday look or I love this hair with a hat to. I didnt curl any pieces of hair in this pictures.
Or a pool or beach day. I curled a few pieces of my hair around my face in these pictures. More of this pool look on Monday so stay tuned!!
Its also cute in a ponytail like I have it in the picture above. A little story about this picture. This was taken a couple of years ago with my beautiful friends Cara aka Maskcara and her sister Rachel. And this was before I started my blog. And actually they helped me out so much getting my blog started I probably wouldn’t of started one if it wasn’t for them! They are the sweetest. Anyways this same technique I told you about here I talked about it on her blog (Maskcara) also. So check it out when you get a sec. They are also giving tips on how to get long healthy hair! Its a great post that I know you will love.
I hope you all try it out and love it! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!! Hope you all have a great Easter weekend! I had a easter egg hunt with some friends yesterday and Rowen loved it so much! I think thats what we are going to be doing all weekend haha! Happy Friday! XOXO
Photos by: Michelle Mae Photography